Wednesday 10 August 2011

My inspiration has walked out the door...........

Hi all,
I am having one of those times where I just have zero inspiration to create new lamps. Sales have been far and few between and I do think that this is part of the reason. Was I just being spoilt before? Last month I was making so many sales and was getting so so busy, it was hard to keep up with but it was good. Now, Nothing. As well as lack of sales times are hard at home. My partner has been getting very little work and times are getting tough, it is so stressfull. I realise that its hard for so many other families out there as well. I just don't know how people do it. Everything costs so much more and we are making less less and lesser money! Well enough rambling and whinging, hopefully things pick up soon and get back to normal. Does anyone else ever feel this way and loose inspiration? Would love to hear your thoughts.... Kristen

2 comments:

  1. As much as it may not help, I do understand the feeling.
    When things get stressful in my life, the creative urge is usually the first thing to go. I just don't get the ideas or the desire to make things. Lack of sales will do the same thing for me as my confidence takes a bit of a dive, and sales have never been massive for me!
    When I get a little down I give jewellery a break for a week or so and come back to it when I'm in a more positive place. And I take a long walk, hug hubby and eat chocolate :D

    Hope things pick up for you and your family *very* soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristin,
    I so feel for you...and being brave enough to come straight out and talk about how hard things are financially! I know exactly where you are coming from - oftentimes I wonder if those who are running our country even contemplate what it is like for the 90% of the population who are trying to survive on 10% of the resources! I think sales are slow for quite a few of us and it does play havoc on ones confidence and out the door goes the will to create and we start questioning our product...you are not alone in this and not that it is any consolation...but I do sincerely hope things improve for all of us in this boat! On a brighter note I have always liked your lamps...they are gorgeous and classy!

    ReplyDelete